Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Birchbox Night at Caudalie Paris



Birchbox hosted a lovely evening tonight at the Caudalie store in the West Village (NYC). Guests enjoyed French wine and cheese, learned about Caudalie's skin care and anti-aging treatments, and enjoyed mini-facials or hand & arm massages.


I RSVPed for the event right away and made a mini-facial appointment request within 10 minutes of receiving the e-mail. However, I didn't end up getting any appointments for services. They booked up that fast! That definitely speaks for the success of this event. When I arrived (about 30 minutes into the 2 hour event) the small boutique was absolutely packed! Very impressive for a rainy Tuesday night. It looked like I could have stuck around and gotten an appointment via the wait list, but it was pretty packed - maybe next time! I was anxious to take my new products home and try them out.


Regardless, I spent a good amount of time browsing the products and listening to what the sales reps had to say about each. Caudalie is a brand that's completely new to me. So, I had a lot to learn! Overall the products are fairly pricey - but good quality. If you're looking to just test them out first, they seem to have travel size versions of most of the products which range about $10-18.


The offers for guests tonight were a canvas Caudalie bag with a $75+ purchase and a fabulous Birchbox swag bag with any purchase. Since I hadn't tried Caudalie before, I decided to start small. So, I picked the 2.5 oz Grape Water spray ($10). It soothes and moisturizes skin, contains 100% organic grapes, and is preservative and fragrance free. It reminds me of a super luxurious take on Evian's spray.


Since I made a purchase tonight, I received one of the Birchbox swag bags on offer. It contained 4 Caudalie samples and a bonus Twistband hair tie. They're all pictured above with the Grape Water spray I purchased. What an incredible value and generous product selection from Birchbox & Caudalie. Here's a quick look at the products included in the special edition Birchbox from the event:


Polyphenol [C15] Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Anti-Wrinkle Protect Fluid
Sample Size: .5 oz (full-size 1.3 oz, $49)
I haven't really used a "fluid" before but I should probably start looking into more anti-wrinkle products. I've heard it's good to start think preventatively even if you're only in your 20s. This one has moisturizing capabilities and also protects you from harmful UVA and UVB rays. It's citrus scented, oil free, and contains Vitamin C, Polyphenol, and Hyaluronic Acid (to plump your skin). You apply a small amount before you put on make-up. 


Polyphenol [C15] Anti-Wrinkle Eye & Lip Cream
Sample Size: .16 oz (full-size .5 oz, $49)
I'm actually pretty psyched to try this product. I mean, who wants crow's feet and smile lines? I can't believe there's a 2-in-1 product specifically designed to tackle both. This also fight signs of fatigue, dark circles, and puffiness. It's got some fantastic natural ingredients like antioxidants, licorice, and grape seed.


Make-up Remover Cleansing Water
Sample Size: 1 oz (full-size 3.38 oz, $14)
A good, natural make-up remover can be hard to come by. This one even works on waterproof mascara! I like that it's really gentle and includes ingredients like organic chamomile and grape water for moisture retention. Too many other liquid make-up removers I've used have dried out my skin and smelled a bit like rubbing alcohol.  This one not only removes the toughest make-up but also leaves your skin toned and hydrated!


Nourishing Body Lotion
Sample Size: 1 oz (full-size 8.4 oz, $30)
This ultra-luxe lotion has a 1-2 punch. First the grape oil and gingko biloba work to make even the driest skin moisturized and soft. Then, the grape polyphenols work their magic to prevent signs of premature aging. You can use this product all over your body. I really like using it on my hands, but it would also be great for problem areas like elbows and knees.


Twistband Hair Tie
Sample Size: 1 Hair Tie (full-size 6 pack, $13)
I already own a few Twistbands and think they're just fab. I especially love the particularly ornate ones like the tie dye ones or the ones with charms. They never ever snag my hair and they always stay in place! Because they're thicker than a lot of other hair ties, they also don't leave crimps in your hair. 

Birchbox has a great deal through their online store right now. They're offering up a FREE Caudalie Make-up Remover Cleansing Water sample with the purchase of any full-size Caudalie product. Simply enter "CAUDALIEREMOVER" at checkout. Happy shopping!




Addendum: I guess there were a few of us who'd tried to book an appointment for the event and were put on the waiting list. So, the ever-amazing and beyond sweet Birchbox team got in touch with us after the event to offer up a make up appointment on a day/time of our choosing at the Caudalie Bleeker Street store. They even offered the promo canvas bag from the event as an extra treat if we book. How thoughtful!

 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...