Birchbox is having an incredible sale right now! Some of my personal favorites in the beauty, fragrance, and skincare categories are currently being offered at a deep discount of 30% off for everyone, 40% off for Birchbox Aces members.
What makes this deal even sweeter? The discount is automatically applied in your cart. That means no promo codes are necessary! So, you can stack on top of your discount a free mystery sample pack (on orders of $25+) and a free gift of your choosing (on orders $25-50+).
I personally own and use all of the items above, or at least some iteration of each. So, I can vouch for just how wonderful and high quality they are!
1. Penhaligon's Empressa Perfume - So, it's no surprise that I'm a bit partial to the British brands on Birchbox. However, Penhaligon's offers product that is so extremely special and I cannot sing their praises enough. They hold two Royal Warrants, snazzy speak for "used by the British Royal Family". Penhaligon's has been around since 1870 and each scent is inspired by some really interesting parts of the brand's history. For instance, the Empressa scent is inspired by the woods used in old trading ships combined with silky and spicy notes inspired by the decadent goods the ships transported.
2. Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish - The polishes may be a bit more pricey than your average, but let me tell you - they are worth it! Deborah Lipmann and Butter are the two brands I turn to when I want a manicure that won't chip. I've had some Deborah Lippmann manicures that have looked flawless after 10-14 days without any touch-ups! I recently saw a talk/presentation by Mark Lippmann, Managing Partner/CEO/Brother-in-Chief of the company. If you ever get the chance to attend an event where he's on the agenda, you're in for a treat! He's brilliant.
3. Caudalie Purifying Mask - I haven't tried this particular mask. I don't think it's right for my skin. But, I recently had a treatment at the Caudalie Spa at the Westfield World Trade Center (kudos to Gilt City for the discount!) and they used the moisturizing mask from this same line. I couldn't believe the difference it made. I don't think my complexion has ever looked that well-balanced before. I didn't wear any foundation for 2 days after that treatment and I got lots of comments on my skin/"make-up". Try this out for the real "I woke up like this". So incredible.
4. Pinrose Perfume Rollerball Trio - I haven't tried the rollerballs yet, but I was one of the first adopters of this brand back in 2014. I'm a huge fan of their perfume towelettes which are so perfect for travel, refreshing post-workout, or for making sure your scent lasts throughout the day (easy to re-apply at the end of the work day). The only other company I've seen make a similar product is Fragonard Paris, but I have yet to find anywhere in the US where you can buy theirs. I've loved every single scent I've received in the Pinrose towelettes, so I have no doubt the same scents in rollerball form are wonderful too! I'm also kind of thrilled that both of the founders are fellow Stanford alums!
5. Caudalie 2016 Favorites Set - As I said above, you can't really go wrong with Caudalie, especially if you have dry skin. I love the grape water in this set.
6. PeriPera Cushion Blusher - Quite possibly my favorite of this whole lot! I purchased this in June 2016 from HauteLook in the Lovely Lavender shade. If you have dry skin like mine, this product will be perfect for you. It is especially great when paired with a cushion foundation. I really like how it added back some color after I used a full-coverage foundation and that rather than looking powdery or flaky, it gave my skin a moist, dewy glow.
7. Davines SU Hair Milk - Favorite. Haircare Brand. Of all time. I discovered Davines through Birchbox several years ago and have never turned back. It's a bit pricey so I don't use it every day, but on the days I do - just WOW! What a difference! I went on a business trip to Italy a while back and was so surprised to see how much cheaper it is there (literally a fraction of the price when you buy it at Eataly in Rome). I talked an Argentine colleague into getting some while we were there and she was equally impressed - and hooked. I haven't used this particular product, but I have used the OI Hair Milk. My all-time favorite Davines products are their conditioners.
8. Cynthia Rowley Eyeshadow Palette - In the early days of the Birchbox online store, they had a really awesome program for beauty bloggers called Birchbloggers. One of the events I really enjoyed that they hosted was a beauty party in the Cynthia Rowley store in NYC's Upper East Side. At the end of the party I got to take home a large selection of products, including this wonderful palette. I think that all of the colors in it are universally flattering. The colors are also a bit silky rather than dry/chalky which I think is a good indication of quality.
9. Ayres Bar Soap - So, I lived in Buenos Aires for a summer and have to admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for the great Porteno-influenced Ayres branding. The scents are all really nice, clean, and refreshing. They are also all pretty gender-neutral. My favorite is Pampas Sunrise which has a nice sort of citrusy-patchouli scent.