Sunday, December 14, 2014

Birchbox "The Lodown" December 2014 Review



This month Birchbox again gave subscribers the option of selecting 1 of several individual samples to be included in their boxes or to go with an edited box. I went with the edited box, which is curated by Lo Bosworth of The Lodown (though you probably know her best from MTV's "Laguna Beach" back in the day). I was pretty sold on her box when I saw it included some of my fave brands like Davines, Joie, and Cynthia Rowley. I'd also been interested in trying out a Ruffian nail polish for a while since Birchbox features them so frequently.




So far Davines has been one of my all time favorite Birchbox brands. I've previously received samples from their LOVE and OI collections and really couldn't get enough of all of them. They left my hair ultra-silky, super smooth, and took any tangles out of my hair almost immediately. The Replumping Hair Filler Superactive came in a really generous sample size this time around. I look forward to getting multiple uses out of it. The bonus shampoo & conditioner samples will be great for my next trip. It sounds like all three products in the Replumping range leave hair looking thick, shiny, and healthy. Who wouldn't want that?


Cynthia Rowley Beauty Lip Stain in Heartthrob
I've actually tried most of the Cynthia Rowley Beauty line by now because I attended a special Birchbloggers event at the Cynthia Rowley store where I was gifted most of they eyeliners, eyeshadows, and lip stains. I simply adore all of the lip stains! They are long lasting and come in such a flattering range of matte colors. I have to say I haven't used the Heartthrob one much yet, since I usually go for colors with more pink or purple tones. However, I think this vibrant red will be great for the holidays. My only gripe about the lip stains is that it never feels like there's all that much product in the tubes - even in the full size ones. I haven't completely used up any of mine yet, but at $20 each, I would hope they would last a long while.



Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
I had a sample of this a long time ago and ended up swapping it with another user on eDivv.com because I didn't know that much about the product and the tube felt like it didn't contain much. I'm actually pretty happy to have received another sample so that I can really give it a chance. I've read nothing but good reviews. I love that this product is multi-purpose - it serves as a moisturizer, primer, and makeup remover! That sounds like the perfect on-the-go beauty item so you don't have to pack three different products.


Joie "Folle de Joie" Eau de Parfum
I don't think I need to go into too much detail about this perfume. I've received it at least two times before and you can read my previous reviews here and here. I have nothing but positive things to say about this scent. It's a little pricey at $98, so I've been saving up and waiting for some of my other perfumes to run out.  In sum, it's a pretty strong scent so you don't need to use too much at once and it has a really vibrant floral scent that makes me think of a classic "English garden". It's described as combining notes of sandalwood, mandarin, and rose. It's definitely a very mature and full scent - perfect for winter!


This is a full-size product worth $10! That makes up for the price of the entire box - and there were so many other amazing products in this one. The color is really vibrant, shiny, and streak-free. I'm also really impressed with how long-lasting and chip-free it's been so far. I've only worn it for a couple days, so I will have to see how it last throughout the week. Regardless, I'm pretty impressed already.

This was one of the best Birchboxes I've received in months!! Admittedly, few of the products were new to me, but that's part of the reason I selected it. I felt like there was very little risk and tons of reward in selecting the box that had several of my all-time faves. All of the sample sizes are great too, so I really felt like I got well over my $10 worth on this one.





 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...