Friday, June 28, 2013

My Stylish Week in Review!

1. First I stopped by the Zara sale going on right now in stores & online. Available sizes are limited, but there are HUGE savings to be found. Be sure to check it out! They had some lovely dresses for $50 and shoes for $30.

2. Next, I had a delightful lunch with a Central Park view at The Metropolitan Museum of Art Members' Dining Room. You too can become a member of the Museum for as low as $70! That's free admission to The Met for a year, access to the Members' Dining Room, & more. Sorry, Blair, but who has lunch on the *steps* of The Met? ;)

3. I caught the NYC red carpet premiere of "The Way Way Back" near Lincoln Center. It's a funny, whimsical coming-of-age story about a delightfully awkward young man and the friends he makes during a summer vacation. It's loaded with stars like: Steve Carell (snapped my obligatory blurry pic), Sam Rockwell, Allison Janney, Maya Rudolph, Amanda Peet, & AnnaSophia Robb. It's written by the Oscar-winning writers of "The Descendants".  I highly recommend it as a great summer flick to see with friends or family. You too can get passes to advanced screenings and premieres like this in NYC for FREE by signing up for Gofobo.

 
4. I had a lovely evening sipping cocktails and checking out the latest arrivals at London Times's Savvy Summer Cocktail Party at Goldbar. You can hear more about it in my previous post.

5. Finally, I ended the week with a special screening of "A Birder's Guide to Everything", a Tribeca Film Festival 2013 audience favorite. The screening supported the Wild Bird Fund and ended with a Q&A with the film's hilarious Writer/Director, Rob Meyer. I'm spreading the love for this delightfully quirky film so that it will get picked up by every theater in America!!! The screenplay was both funny and witty and the cinematography was beautiful! I really loved all of the kids' performances, and of course Ben Kingsley too! Join their Facebook page for updates on future screenings.


Have a fantastic weekend!

 photo newsignature_zps62a69a8d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...