Saturday, July 6, 2013

Beauty: Glossybox June 2013 ~ Subscription Box Review


At the end of June I was really excited to receive my fourth beauty subscription box by Glossybox! This month's box was curated by renowned fashion & beauty blogger Dallas Shaw. Since I absolutely loved Glossybox's collaboration with blogger The Man Repeller in January, I was definitely looking forward to this box from the moment I heard about it!


Contents:
SpaRitual Nail Polish (colors vary)
Tarte Complexion Enhancing Lipstick
Philip B. Hair Styling Gel (products vary)
c.Booth Honey Almond Nourishing Dry Oil Mist
Oscar de la Renta Essential Luxuries Perfume Collection


Hair Styling Gel: Because I have very straight long hair, I don't really use styling gel much. In general, it just makes my hair look dirty/greasy. So, I wish I'd received one of the other hair products sent to subscribers (shampoo, leave-in conditioner, etc). I think this one will have to be gifted because it's just not something that really fits my personal beauty routine. Full Size $19.

Dry Oil Mist: I have really dry skin, especially during the summertime. So, I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of this product. The consistency is definitely a little oily & slick. So, I'm a bit hesitant (for now) about using it on my face. I have used it on my arms though and I loved how quickly it moisturized my skin and how nicely it smelled! Full Size $8. 


Perfume: There were six different vials included in an adorable satin pouch: Sargasso, Santo Domingo, Mi Corazon, Coralina, Granada, and Oriental Lace. So far, I've only tried one of the scents (Granada) and absolutely loved it! I look forward to experimenting with all six throughout the summer. Full Size $150.

Lipstick: I'm a HUGE fan of Tarte and am absolutely in love with the Glamazon 12-Hour Lipstick they included in the January box. So, when Glossybox revealed that a Tarte lipstick would be included in this month's box, I was definitely sold on ordering another Glossybox. This one's not quite as fancy as the Glamazon one (doesn't last as long, smaller, cheaper packaging). However, it's a full size product worth $14.50 and is definitely still very good quality. It's got very subtle color (unlike the Glamazon one), which is great for daytime. It's also jam-packed with moisture. Full Size $14.50.

Nail Polish: I was not a big fan of the color I received (Whirlwind Romance). It's a nude shade that I thought would go on fairly opaque and neutral. However, it's more of a sheer tone with a subtle hologram effect. I found the color made the white tip of my nails look especially pink through it. Overall, it just wasn't my taste. I would have preferred one of the colors that I saw some other subscribers received. Full Size $12.00.

Overall Verdict: A+! Again, I was really pleased with my Glossybox. Although not all of the products were a perfect fit for me, I still feel like I got great value for the money ($21).  I think Glossybox's collaborations are its best boxes. So, I look forward to ordering the next one!

Why not try out Glossybox yourself? Order yours HERE.


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...