Monday, September 16, 2013

Events: #BirchboxLocal NYC Review - Last Day TODAY!


If you haven't visited #BirchboxLocal yet in NYC's Chelsea Market, you better hurry! The pop-up shop closes for good at 8pm tonight and it is AMAZING!!! I went last night, about 1.5 hours before closing. It wasn't too busy which was great. 


The very first thing I did was check out the "BYOBB" (Build Your Own Birchbox) corner. They had walls lined with cool "dispensers" of Birchbox products. The concept is that you go back to the register, pay $15 + tax, and you are given the bottom of your Birchbox. Then, you go back to the BYOBB corner and pick out the 5 products you like best - with some fabulous advice from the Birchbox staff there. Dana was super helpful and recommended some great products to tackle dry skin pre-makeup application.


When you're all done, a member of the Birchbox staff packs up your goodies and gives you the top to your box. They also give you an info card with all the products you selected checked off on it.


Beyond the BYOBB section is the Birchbox Shop. Just like their online shop, it features the full-size version of product faves found in the boxes. They were available to purchase, along with some Birchbox exclusive items and deals.




My final stop at #BirchboxLocal was perhaps most peoples' first. The beauty services & touch-ups center is located in the very back. You go up to the person overseeing that section to book an "appointment": make-up, manicure, or hair touch-ups. If you've already bought a BYOBB or something else in the store, these services are free. If you haven't yet, they will be $15 each I believe. 


Since it was fairly close to closing time, I was only able to take advantage of 2 services, so I selected make-up and nails. My make-up artist, Kim from The Balm, was fabulous!! This quick selfie really doesn't do her work any justice at all. Everyone I saw afterwards was just raving about how great the make-up looked. Kim made sure we focused on the areas I wanted and gave me lots of great make-up application tips. She also told me a lot more about The Balm, a cool make-up brand I hadn't previously known much about. What I especially love about the brand is that so many products are multi-purpose, like the amazing Mary-Lou Manizer shimmer that she used on my eyelids and to highlight my face. 2-in-1? Sounds like a deal to me! She also used the Foxy Pout Lipstick, Water Mymelon Lip Gloss, and Timebalm Primer, among lots of other things.


My next stop was the Color Club nail polish station where my stylist couldn't have been nicer! I originally picked a light grey but she showed me this charcoal color and I just had to have it! My nails came out beautifully and she gave me her recommendations on what to do to make it last as long as possible. There was a sitting area in this section with big comfy sofas for friends and boyfriends who'd tagged along. It was great because in this area and all around there were small cellophane bags you could fill up with different jars of candy. The guys seemed to be enjoying it a lot.



Last but not least - my BYOBB's! My make-up artist gave me a card good for $15 in the shop or another Birchbox so I decided to make another. Here are the products I ended up picking: Beauty Protector Protect & Tangle, Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum, Smashbox Photo Finish Primers, Yes To Grapefruit CC Cream, DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer, and Twistbands with the phrases "I can't stand traffic unless it's on my blog" and "I'm not a blogger I just tweet a lot". The bonus product for everyone was a yummy Chuao chocolate! I still can't believe that I got all this - 1.5 hours of amazing services, entertainment, beauty advice, and product samples - for just $15 + tax!!

Be sure to head over today. It's located at the 10th Avenue side of Chelsea Market between West 15th and 16th Streets.


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...