Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Birchbox "Go Time" January 2014 Review



The second Birchbox in my new subscription sure didn't disappoint either! In extreme excitement after seeing some of the Birchbox spoilers, I took a sneak peek at some other bloggers' January 2014 reviews before receiving my box. Again I ended up receiving completely unique products - hardly any were in the other bloggers' boxes! That being said, I was not disappointed. I love everything in this Birchbox and really feel like they understood exactly which products I would want.


My box contained: Coastal Scents Revealed Eye Shadow Palette (Full-size, $34), Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (Full-size, $14.50), Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (Full-size, $25-90), Serge Normant Dry Conditioner (Full-size, $25), and an Under Armour Braided Mini Headband (3-Pack, $19.99).


Even though I'd tried this Dr. Lipp product before, I was super excited to see it in my box. I received a full-size version for free for testing purposes back in October through the #Birchbloggers program. You can read my original review here. I thought the product was very effective on dry, chapped lips and I'm so excited to have a nice little travel size version now.


I am addicted to dry shampoo products. I think they're just fabulous. It's not good for your hair - especially color treated hair - to wash it every single day. But, if your hair's like mine and starts to get a bit greasy or weighed down after 24 hours, this kinds of products will make it look good as new! I hadn't heard of this product before and really look forward to using it. I also like that it's a dry conditioner because that makes it sound like not only will it make your hair look clean but it will also make it look softer and healthier.


This sample may be a teeny-tiny palette, but it is extremely functional. I love the idea of having a mini palette to keep in your purse for touch-ups throughout the night. I hadnt heard of this brand before and was a bit skeptical because it has "scents" in the name - but it is an eye product. However, when opened the little box I loved seeing the fantastic color selection. I have fair skin and neutral eye shadows look best on me. I've really gotten into a lot of brown and gold tones lately. This palette has a great combination of metallic and matte neutrals that can be mixed in a number of ways to create either a dramatic or natural look.


I had previously tried the Viva La Juicy fragrance. So, that made 2 products in this box that were not new to me. I think Birchbox must know me too well. But, I'd much rather get some travel size versions of products I already adore than a sample of something that isn't a good fit for me. So, there are definitely NO complaints here. Viva La Juicy is a bold fragrance that is much more fierce than their original scent. I have to admit I really love both. I think Viva La Juicy is much more appropriate for going out than for day-to-day though, because it is so noticeable. If you love the scent but don't want to shell out the $$ for a big bottle, I've also found it in a generous Purse Spray Size at Target for $11.99


My "Lifestyle Extra" this time around was an accessory rather than home or food product. I was actually quite surprised to get something that was pretty sporty, since I described my style as more classic and glam in my profile. It wasn't a bad surprise though...definitely a great one! Everyone can use a sporty headband and this was the absolute cutest one I've seen. I'm pretty particular about my workout gear and usually wear a combo of Under Armour and Old Navy Active products. I really admire the high quality of Under Armour and I can tell that this product will last a long time and stay put during an intense workout. This will be great for fulfilling some New Year's resolutions!


Last but not least, Birchbox included a string of cards. I initially thought they were post cards, but found out they're actually inspiration cards with different tips on the back for how to make the most of 2014. Again, I was very pleasantly surprised by my Birchbox. The last two months have been two of the best subscription boxes I have ever received from any company - clearly tailored to my taste and needs. I will definitely be continuing my subscription! At just $10 + tax, I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...