Thursday, February 13, 2014

Birchbox "Step and Repeat" February 2014 Review



This week I received my third Birchbox in this subscription. So far, I have yet to be disappointed! As compared to the December and January boxes, I did feel like this one filled a few more "needs" than "wants". However, after 2 or 3 boxes, how many random niche beauty products will you use repeatedly? So, I think having a box full of completely practical items is a good way to round out my growing Birchbox sample collection. I've taken a look at a few other bloggers' reviews and so far - yet again - it seems that the contents of my box were pretty unique!



This month's box was a collaboration with Us Weekly. While I didn't see too much influence in the product selection, I think they definitely contributed a lot to the great content on the Birchbox website and YouTube accounts this month.

My box contained: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara (Full-size, $18), Bain de Terre Passion Flower Color Preserving Shampoo (Full-size, $12), Bain de Terre Passion Flower Color Preserving Conditioner (Full-size, $13.50), Harvey Prince Hello (Full-size, $55), and Juara Candlenut Body Creme (Full-size, $35)


The 100% Pure mascara is a great size to bring along for quick touch-ups. Because of the brush shape, it's great as a lengthening mascara but does not curl your lashes too much on its own. The first thing I noticed was the scent. Who's ever heard of scented mascara? I think most smell a bit like paint actually...This one has a sweet, fruity smell. That's probably because of the natural ingredients, which are great for those with sensitive skin too!


I have to admit, I wasn't overly excited to receive two "hotel shampoo" bottles in my box, counting as 2 of the 5 products. However, on my last business trip I was thinking about how badly I needed color-safe shampoo and conditioner. The hotels never have them and it's nearly impossible to find them in a TSA-approved size. So, I was actually delighted to see that these were color preserving products made especially for color-treated hair -- with one of my favorite ingredients, argan oil! I will definitely use up both of these bottles pretty quickly.


I've head of Juara before and I know it's a brand with a great reputation. I haven't tried anything from them before. Of all the products I received, I think I was initially the least excited about this one because I already have so many body lotions. However, since the package is realistically designed for just a single use, I know I'll give it a quick try one day in this dry, cold weather.


The last sample I received was a vial of the "Hello" fragrance by Harvey Prince. I'd seen a lot of bloggers receive this scent in past Birchboxes. It does seem like there are a few products like this that come in cycles and eventually everyone will receive them. That being said, I was really impressed with scent! So, I can understand why they'd include it. My initial thoughts were that it was a perfect cross between citrus fruits and a powdery floral scent. Sure enough, I was right! It smells exactly as described on the packaging - a mix of meyer lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, forsythia, and plumeria. It's a really feminine scent that's perfect for spring (or to help beat those winter blues!).

This month was the first month I didn't receive a Lifestyle Extra. That made me kind of sad since I love getting a little gourmet treat, home product, or accessory. Those are often my favorites. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for next time because I am definitely continuing this subscription!


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

1 comment:

  1. If you need the help and advice of a professional,Skin Clinic Delhi visit http://www.skindelhi.com/.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...