Sunday, February 23, 2014

Julep Maven "Boho Glam" Intro Box ~ February 2014



At the suggestion of a fellow beauty enthusiast at Birchbox's event with Gala Gonzalez earlier this month, I decided to check out the Julep Maven subscription box. I'd never used any Julep polishes before, so I really didn't know what to expect. However, Julep Maven boxes are really risk-free. They will send you your first box for FREE - you just pay $4.34 for shipping + tax. After that, you can cancel your subscription at any time or pay $20/month to continue to receive your boxes. So, there's really not much to lose by giving it a try.

I took the beauty profile test and was actually quite surprised to be selected for the Boho Glam box. I would normally describe my style as a what they Call Classic With A Twist combined with Bombshell and It Girl. Which Maven Style Profile do you think best describes you?


My Maven Style Profile says it is supposed to come with 2 limited edition nail colors and 1 full-size beauty product in each box. Some of the other profiles just include 3 nail colors or 2 full-size beauty products. You always have the option to change your Style Profile for future boxes and to preview the products that will be in the different Style Profiles for that month. I don't think you have the same flexibility for the Intro Box though.

The two polishes I got were Michelle, a midnight blue / dark navy, and Aisha, a deep raspberry color. They are both fairly similar to two Butter London polishes I own, Royal Navy and Queen Vic. So, they were definitely my taste! I think they are both great colors for fall/winter. I recently got a manicure so I haven't had the chance to use the Julep polishes yet. But, from what I've seen they look like very high quality. They retail for $14 each so the value of the 2 polishes is already greater than the box's normal cost of $20.



The beauty product included in my box was pretty great too! It's a nail & cuticle serum pen with a soft brush tip - a $28 value. I can't wait to start using that. It sounds like it will soften the skin and help make my at-home manicures a little more luxurious. They also included two Julep branded buffer / pumice blocks as an added bonus! To top it all off, I got a special voucher for 50% off my next purchase at julep.com


I have to admit, I did not choose to continue my subscription. It's not that I didn't totally LOVE the box, but more because I don't usually spend $20/month on nail polish. I would definitely buy something from Julep again and plan to use the 50% off code that was included. With Julep, you can actually purchase the previous months' Maven Boxes individually. So, that might be the best option if you're very particular about your nail colors. Interested in checking it out for yourself? Shop Julep here


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

Addendum: 2/28/14 Unlike Birchbox, Glossybox, Sample Society, PopSugar Must Have Box, and most other subscription boxes you cannot unsubscribe from Julep Maven through your online account. Instead, you have to call their customer service number. When unsubscribing, make sure that you receive the confirmation e-mail during or right after your call. If you have not, call back right away. Otherwise you will continue to receive and be billed for future boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...