Friday, January 9, 2015

Birchbox "Relax + Recharge" January 2015 Review



I was pretty excited to receive my first Birchbox of the new year! This month there were multiple sample choices. The individual items to choose from were: Tocca Hand Cream, Naobay Body Radiance Lotion, or an Essential Elements Body Lotion.  You could also go for one of the two curated boxes, the "Gym Bag Beauty Essentials" guest editor box with Tone It Up or the "Relax + Recharge" featured box. The latter had a few items I had already tried or was eager to try (and who doesn't want to relax??), so I went for that one.


My box contained: Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream (Full-size, $38), Briogeo Don't Despair! Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask (Full-size, $26), Manna Kadar Lip Locked in All of Me (Full-size, $24), Perlier Intensive Nurturing Body Balm in Shea Lavender (Full-size, $28.45), When Travelmate Sheet Mask (Set of 4 Masks, $28), Teapigs Tea Temples in Chamomile Flowers and Licorice & Peppermint (Full-size, $10)


Briogeo Don't Despair! Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

I've heard of this product before and was actually very excited to receive it in my box. It was definitely one of the deciding factors in my selecting the "Relax + Recharge" box. I've been trying out a lot of new products on my hair lately because the harsh winter weather has been making it extra dry and tangled. This hydrating mask could be just the thing I'm looking for! You apply it right after shampooing, leave it in for 3-5 minutes (or up to 20), and then rinse it out of your hair. It's got some great natural ingredients like avocado, sweet almond, argan oils, and rosehip oil - all of which make it smell delightful! It's safe for chemically-treated hair and works to enhance hair elasticity and shine.


Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream

I was pretty excited about this sample. I feel like my under eye area usually looks a little haggard by the end of the week. Getting more sleep is absolutely a new year's resolution of mine, but unfortunately sometimes I just can't fit in as many winks as I'd like into my schedule. Most other products I've used under my eyes have had a cooling effect. However, this one's got more of a room-temperature aromatherapy muscle soothing effect. I think it smells like Chamomile tea with a slice of lemon. I hadn't heard of the Balance Me brand before, but it's actually from the UK! I always love trying new products from other countries.


Manna Kadar Lip Locked in All of Me

This itty bitty sample is so cute! It's got a really cute, girly gem on the cap. Admittedly, I had my doubts about this product because there are so many other great lip color brands out there. However, this one was a fairly pleasant surprise. The color is very vibrant but not unnatural looking. You could definitely wear it day or night. It also has a nice matte finish with just a touch of shine. It's definitely long lasting too. I tried to take it off before bed and it actually wasn't all that easy. After a little while it did sink into my lips a bit more and make them feel dry again, so I would definitely still combine it with a lip moisturizer.


Perlier Intensive Nurturing Body Balm in Shea Lavender

Perlier is another brand that's new to me. This one's from Italy. It contains 25% shea butter (that is 100% certified organic) and lavender extract. I'm so excited I got the lavender scent because I think that's just about the most relaxing smell there is! The balm penetrates deep into your skin and provides long-lasting moisture. I'll definitely be using this one a lot in the winter!


Teapigs Tea Temples in Chamomile Flowers and Liquorice & Peppermint

I was pretty over the moon to see Teapigs included in this box! I've bought their products several times when I've been in the UK and recently got their Spiced Winter Red Tea for Christmas which was absolutely outstanding. I'm not quite sure where they're sold yet in the US besides some specialty shops, and am excited to learn that there are a few varieties available through Birchbox.com. I've had the Chamomile Flowers tea before and really loved it. I can't wait to try the Liquorice and Peppermint one too! I hadn't gotten a lifestyle item in a Birchbox in a very long time, so it was nice to be able to select a box that definitely had one it.



I haven't opened this mask yet because there's just one included and I want to save it for a special time when I want to relax. It's made by a Korean company, which is pretty cool. I haven't tried many products from Korea yet, but I know that it produces some of the best skincare products in the world. You apply this mask for 30 minutes and the advanced bio-cellulose sheet helps deliver nutrients to your skin. It's made from coconuts, Swiss Alpine Herb extracts, and Sodium Hyaluronate and "boasts a high fluid retention capacity". Since my skin's constantly dry, I'm excited to see how it will fight the effects of winter's harsh elements - especially dry air and wind. Overall, I think this is a pretty fabulous box! I love all the variety and am excited to try so many new-to-me brands.



 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...