Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Birchbox "Friendship" February 2015 Review



February's review is coming to you a little late because I was in Europe the last couple weeks (some fun posts to come on that!). My box didn't arrive until after February 12th this month - so, a little later than usual regardless. For once, the box selection was easy. I really wasn't wild about the curated box this time, so I just went with the picking a single item option and selected something very practical, the Marcelle eye make-up remover. This worked out really well for me this time because I ended up getting make-up from two of my favorite brands (Benefit and theBalm). I also really like all the Juicy perfumes I've tried before, so I had no reason to doubt this new one would be pleasant too.



My box contained: Benefit Roller Lash (Full-size, $24), Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal (Full-size, $72), Marcelle Gentle Make-up Remover for Sensitive Eyes (Full-size, $15), theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss in BAM! (Full-size, $15), and Toni & Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum (Full-size, $15).



Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

I actually ended up trying out a sample of this mascara before I got back from Europe, because it came free with the purchase of my ELLE UK Magazine. This is a really wonderful mascara. It's so easy to apply and you definitely don't need to use more than two coats. I'm already a huge fan of They're Real, but this one gives more of a lighter natural look that still makes your eyes pop. It doesn't clump. Instead it makes every individual lash show and it curls really nicely. I've actually already ordered the full size because I had a 25% discount for the Birchbox shop after my 16th box and enough Birchbox points saved to get it for free.



Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal Perfume

This perfume has a really invigorating citrus scent that still has the femininity of the other Juicy scents but less of the powdery floral notes the others do. This is definitely a great scent for fall/winter because it is quite full and glamorous. I'm not sure I like it as well as the original, Viva La Juicy, or Couture La La scents, but it is a fun way to mix it up once in a while.



Marcelle Gentle Make-up Remover for Sensitive Eyes

I really haven't had any experience with the Marcelle brand outside of a couple samples from Birchbox. However, it seems like a pretty high quality brand with good ingredients. This gentle, hypoallergenic make-up remover takes off the toughest of eye make-up - even Benefit They're Real Mascara and Push-Up Liner! I have to admit, I'm a bit lazy so I usually just go for the make-up remover wipes, but this is a good option when my skin's looking a little sensitive and blotchy.



theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss in BAM!

As any regular readers of my blog would know, I'm a huge fan of theBalm Cosmetics! I have to admit, I have about a bajillion lip glosses right now, so I certainly didn't need another. However, this one's pretty great. I'm really impressed with the sample size. This one would likely last me nearly 3-4 weeks at least if I used it every day. The gloss is infused with ginseng, and provides a powerful punch of shine and a rich color. It has a pretty sweet smell (like strawberry frozen fruit ice pops!) and keeps my lips feeling moisturized. I'm not completely sold because I got a beautiful set of mini Nars glosses for Christmas, but I am still a firm believer in theBalm's brand and have yet to find a single product they offer that disappoints.



Toni & Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum

Admittedly, I was least excited about the Toni & Guy product. I'm definitely on a hair product kick because my hair gets really dry and tangled in the cold winter weather. However, Toni & Guy isn't as much of a "luxury" brand as many of the other ones I've received through Birchbox - although it is very easily accessible at Target stores. I have to say I'm glad I gave this product a chance though. It has such a vibrant scent - reminds me of cardamom and anise seeds. The texture is nice, similar to a lot of other hair treatment oils. I found that I had to use quite a bit of product to really view any results, but it is nice to know that there is a more affordable hair serum out there vs. a lot of Toni & Guy's significantly more expensive competitors. I'm not so sure the results were as striking as they've been with the more expensive versions but it is noticeable and at this price point, it may be just what you're looking for!



 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png
Disclaimer: I am currently employed by UK Trade & Investment. However, all written content and opinions expressed on this blog (including and especially those regarding British brands) are my own. This is a personal blog that is in no way affiliated with my place of employment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...