Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Birchbox "Korean Beauty" January 2016 Review





Manefit Beauty Planner Cucumber

This mask has a lot of product on it and feels deeply moisturizing when you apply it to your face.  Admittedly, it does feel very cool when you first put it on, so make sure you're not a in a chilly environment! It has a really nice, natural smell that reminds me of white grapes. It's really easy to use - just cleanse your face and apply for 15-20 minutes. When you're done with the mask, just remove it and pat the excess product on your face until its fully absorbed - no need to wash it off. When I took the mask off, my skin felt very hydrated and smooth, albeit a little bit splochy (red) in places. If you're looking for a hydrating mask, this is perfect. If you're looking for a calming one, I might suggest another - perhaps one with chamomile or rose in it.

The only thing that was a bit confusing about this product is that the mask has two layers, a regular sheet one and a mesh one. The instructions on the packaging don't tell you at which side should be in contact with your skin. I guessed that it was the side without the mesh.


RE:P Bio Fresh Mask with Real Calming Herb

The first thing I noticed about this mask is how similar it smells, looks, and feels to the one I already regularly use - Lush's BB Seaweed Mask (minus the thick seaweed bits and the cooling effect since that one needs to be refrigerated). This one's really easy to use. You just apply it to clean, dry skin, leave on for 5-10 minutes, and wash off with lukewarm water. It has a really soothing herbal smell, mostly of Eucalyptus I think, so it is great to use before you go to bed at night. 

I actually tried the cleansing foam below first, which was not so great for my skin type. So, I was a bit hesitant to try this other Goodal product because of it. I have to say I'm so glad I gave this one a chance. The two products are like night and day and this one ended up being my favorite in the box. When you first take this out of the container it feels like a normal (albeit good quality) exfoliating scrub with medium-grain salt-like particles. However, once you apply it to your face it expands and foams up. It creates this incredibly unique mini-bubble texture that snaps and pops a bit (like Rice Krispies!). I felt the effects immediately afterward. My skin felt incredibly smooth and refreshed and my pores looked really clear. To clarify - I was a little confused by the name, but it's not a peel. It's sort of a wash-off cleanser mask hybrid. I would definitely like to buy this in the future, as soon as I use up some of the other skincare products I have right now.

Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Cleansing Foam

I was surprised how thick this cleanser is - both before and after you add water. It starts off as a sort of cream/gel and transforms into a very rich lather. It has a distinct botanic scent that's considerably stronger than the other products in this box. It's a very powerful product. Just a little bit goes a long way, and it took all my makeup off - even Tarte waterproof mascara! I have to admit it stung quite a bit even after I washed it off. My skin isn't usually very sensitive to product, so I'm afraid this one just wasn't for me.


Goodal Waterest First Essence

This product is refreshing and has a very pleasant botanic scent. I was surprised how much product I needed to use to cover my face - it was a good portion of the sample bottle! The effects were really too subtle for me to notice, but it did remind me a bit of a thinner version of my Be the Skin Botanical Toner from Peach & Lily, another Korean skincare product.

IPKN Flash Cream Radiant Primer

I've received samples for a few IPKN products before. Admittedly, I haven't purchased any because I have some other primers I like just as well that aren't quite as expensive. However, I have to say the IPKN ones are all very effective and pleasant. This one is great because it doesn't dry out your skin and really helps keep your make-up in place all day. I have a gel eyeliner I love to use that often "melts" and smudges a bit on my eyelids. When I used this primer, my eyeliner didn't smudge at all for the entire day and looked just as fresh as it did the moment I applied it!

TONYMOLY Delight Tony Tint

The first things I noticed when I opened this product were the sweet smell and the unique applicator (sort of like a fuzzy mascara wand). The scent is actually pretty nice. It reminds me of Smarties or Sweettarts candies. The color is extremely long-lasting. It is most definitely a stain not a gloss. The pigment is extremely saturated - literally blood red! Unfortunately I felt this color (#2 Red) just wasn't for me. I wasn't able to apply it very evenly since it's a stain. Your lips are naturally a different shade in different spots and I find that since stains seep in, they accentuate this; whereas a gloss or lipstick typically sits on top of your lips more and makes them look like a more uniform color. Because if the deep color, I actually felt like this tint made my lips look like they were bleeding! I think it would be a nice shade to use on your cheeks as well. Since my skin tone is quite fair I think it would be too dramatic for me, but suitable for almost any other skin tone.



 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...