Thursday, May 26, 2016

Influenster Procter & Gamble VoxBox Review



It's that time again! Influenster sent me another great box to review. This time all of the products are from Procter & Gamble. I was really excited to get this box because all of the products included are staples in my daily routine - haircare, deodorant, and skincare. All of these products are really easy to find at a variety of major retailers and offered at extremely accessible price points. 

While there are some really great premium brands out there, we all have to have some reliable everyday basics too. However, basics don't have to be "basic". You should still make sure you're getting the best value and using the products on the market that are best for your needs. After all, these are the products you rely on every day. Trying these out definitely convinced me to switch up some of the products I use in my own routine.


Secret Outlast Xtend Antiperspirant & Deodorant ($3.99)

I've used several Secret deodorants before and admittedly have always been a fan of the brand. I have noticed that some of the regular stick and aerosol deodorants do need to be re-applied once during the day to ensure 24-hour protection though. This deodorant got tested out on one of the hottest days of the year so far - it got up to 88 degrees! It went on clear and stayed clear, provided long-lasting protection, and had a really fresh pleasant scent. It definitely help up to the heat too and kept me dry. If you're paying up for a clinical strength deodorant right now, you might want to give this budget one a spin. It might just work for you too and will save you a few bucks.

Clairol Nice n' Easy CC+ ColorSeal Conditioner ($3.97)

I have color-treated blonde hair so I was so pleased to receive a product so specific to my needs in this box. I probably get my roots touched up every 2-3 months. However, the roots start to appear pretty quickly after each coloring and it's hard to keep the ashy blonde look I love without some unfortunate brassy tones appearing. Admittedly I've only used this product a couple times so far since it requires you to leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off (kind of like a hair mask). So far, I've noticed that it left my hair feeling a bit more healthy - strong, silky, and shiny. I think I'd need to give it more time to see how it helps protect my color, but I think making sure my hair looks healthy is a good start!

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream with Sunscreen ($21.55)

Again, I tested this product out on one of the hottest (and sunniest) days so far this year. Since I have a very fair complexion, my face - especially my cheeks and nose - burn very easily. This SPF 30 cream was safe to use on my face, seeping in almost immediately upon application without leaving any residue. I spent about 2 hours out in the sun and it protected my skin completely. I look forward to continuing to use it throughout the summer. It has a nice light-weight texture which is easy to wear under makeup or to apply before or after your favorite moisturizer.



I was a little skeptical about this shampoo when I first tried it. I used Herbal Essences a lot when I was a kid - yes, that good old original formula which was bright green with the retro cartoon of Mother Earth on the bottle. In my 20s am I already outdating some of you? Needless to say, I have a history with the brand but always saw it as a sort of everyday product without anything particularly unique about it.

When I applied this shampoo the first thing I noticed was how squeaky clean it made my hair feel. In the shower while I rinsed out the product, I felt like my hair was a bit dry and stringy. That was a good thing in a way because I felt like this shampoo was doing its job of clarifying my hair of any buildup, but perhaps bad because I worried it might end up feeling dry and not looking shiny when I got out of the shower.


Here's the secret - these two products pack a mean 1-2 punch! I would highly recommend using both of these products together. The conditioner breathed in the moisture and brought my hair back to life. It left it looking shiny and feeling glossy and smooth. So, not only was it extra clean but it ended up looking polished and healthy too! Both products have a very subtle scent and were pretty gentle, so I think just about anyone should be able to use them. If there's one thing about Herbal Essences, it seems like they are always reliable. 

I would recommend using these products for everyday use but rotating in a moisturizing mask or salon brand conditioner about two times a week to retain additional moisture and keep hair looking fresh.


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

Influenster and Procter & Gamble supplied me with these products for free for testing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...