Monday, October 31, 2016

Pumpkin Patch Perfection with Tobi



Happy Halloween, guys and ghouls! I hope right now you're admiring some finely carved jack-o-lanterns while binging on some of that leftover candy. 

One of my favorite things about Halloween is visiting a local farm. It's so much fun to shop for fresh autumn fruits and vegetables like acorn squash, apples, and of course...pumpkins! My go-to place the last couple of years has been Stults Farm in Cranbury, NJ near Princeton. One thing that always makes it extra special is that you can actually walk out into the pumpkin patch, find your perfect Halloween pumpkin (or two), and carve it right off of the vine.


This year I found a beautiful pumpkin on the vine and also made sure to pick up some smaller decorative sugar pumpkins to display on my mantle. I love the white sugar pumpkins because they match with any interior decor. They're also super easy to decorate, especially if you like to paint your pumpkins rather than carve them.


I was definitely in the holiday spirit when I went to the farm this year. I decided to get decked out in black and white in anticipation of Halloween - everything from my sweatshirt and skinny jeans to my statement earrings, scarf, and embroidered suede cowboy boots.

As you'll have seen from my previous post, TOBI has become one of my favorite new online shopping destinations. Their clothes are so on-trend and very affordable. Since the weather was still relatively warm last week - with just a slight breeze - I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to wear my new Georgia Cold Shoulder Fleece Sweater from TOBI. I paired it with some Madewell skinny jeans, Jack Rogers boots, vintage Tacori earrings, and a Snoozer Loser scarf (originally from one of my favorite sites, MadeClose, now available on Etsy).
Top: c/o TOBI / Jeans: Madewell / Scarf: Snoozer Loser / Boots: Jack Rogers

I wasn't sure how a shoulder-less style top was going to look on me, but I've noticed that a lot of brands are including this new trend in their lines this season. It actually made the outfit really comfortable and provided some good ventilation in the heavy fleece sweatshirt. This sweatshirt has a sort of high collar (kind of like a double-sided halter neck) that could definitely hide some bra straps. However, I decided to take the safe route and wear it with a strapless bra.

It's an extremely comfortable sweater that is definitely very versatile. You can dress it up or down. I wouldn't recommend it for a night of dancing because it is a heavyweight fleece sweatshirt, but it is perfect for autumn/winter activities like ice skating, football games, or brunch. I'll definitely be getting a lot of wear out of this over the next few months! The Georgia Sweater is just $58 and comes in Black, White, and Heather Grey.

 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

The Georgia Cold Shoulder Fleece Sweater was provided to me by TOBI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...