Thursday, February 9, 2012

Style: NY Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Starts TODAY!

New York Fashion Week starts TODAY!!!  While it can be very hard to snag a ticket for one of NYFW's elite events, that's no excuse to hide your enthusiasm.  Be sure to follow your favorite designers' Twitter accounts, blogs, and Facebook pages to get up-to-the-minute details on the new collections they're presenting this week.  Later this week I'll add some of the key pages to follow.
"How to Dress for NYFW" on RueLaLa

One of my favorite Fashion Week posts so far has been RueLaLa's section on "How to Dress for NYFW" curated by Lauren David Peden.  I love all the variations on the seasonal color choices - grey, taupe, eggplant, and navy.  You can view the collection HERE.  If you don't have a RueLaLa account and have trouble viewing the page, post your e-mail address in my comment box, or PM me your e-mail address on Twitter (@hauteonthespot1) and I'll send you an invitation to join.  It's a really great site with daily deals that maintains a great inventory of high-quality products and brands at a slightly lower price point than Gilt Groupe.

I also love Harper's Bazaar's Editors' Fashion Week Game Changes feature. My friend Lauren, Fashion & Retail Credits Editor for the magazine, selected the new Victoria Beckham bag collection with lots of new vibrant colors. Lauren says, "I've got my eye on the turquoise and yellow for fun pops of color amid the sea of black coats." Check out all of the editors' picks HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...