Friday, June 8, 2012

Style: Get the Salon Look for Less w/ Sally Hansen Salon Effects!


As you may have already heard from my blog post & YouTube video about the Influenster Spring Beauty Vox Box, I recently tried a great new product by Sally Hansen called Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. I received one complimentary package for testing and review purposes from Influenster and love it so much I went out and bought another at Target! So far I have tried two different patterns "Kitty, Kitty" (leopard) and "Wild Child" (zebra). I can honestly tell you that I have never tried another beauty product and gotten more compliments - from EVERYONE, young and old (work colleagues, people on the subway, friends, my parents' friends, etc)! They have such a unique look that stands out just enough without being wildly loud. They also last for a long time. Each pattern has lasted me almost two full weeks (Note: packaging states they last up to 10 days)! Plus, the packages are usually under $10 - much cheaper than a manicure AND it lasts longer!

My nails in Kitty, Kitty (L) and Wild Child (R).  Click the image to ENLARGE.

Not only are the designs fun and unique but the application is so much easier and better than bottled nail polish. There is no wait for your nails to dry. There is no liquid and no smell so you can even apply them on the go - even on a long airplane flight! The strips have and adhesive bottom layer, so you just stretch and apply them to fit each nail. You can't use a basecoat and you really don't HAVE to use a topcoat either. So, in just minutes you'll have worry-free gorgeous nails. Also, they are NOT just cheap plastic stickers. They are made out of ACTUAL nail polish and can be removed with regular nail polish remover.

The strips come in solid colors in addition to glittered colors and a variety of patterns: animal prints, flowers, plaid, argyle, lace, gingham, butterflies, etc. They're also coming out with a really cool new Limited Edition series of them in conjunction with the release of the movie "Rock of Ages". I'm really looking forward to trying out those new designs - especially the pink with blue stars. They have a contest on Facebook right now to win the entire Rock of Ages collection. Enter HERE.

Target has quite a large collection of Sally Hansen Salon Effects online right now for $8.54. You can view them HERE. However, they should be available at almost all of your local pharmacies. I know for sure there's an extensive selection at my local CVS. To learn more, visit the Salon Effects product page on Sally Hansen's website HERE.


*Note: I am not paid for any product endorsements on my blog. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...