Saturday, March 15, 2014

Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask Review



I recently received a sample of the Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask in my J'adore VoxBox from Influenster. I've been getting into face masks a lot lately since I have perpetually dry skin. So, I was really excited to try this new product. I've reviewed several Boots skincare products before through Influenster and really enjoyed them all. I first learned about the brand while living in the UK where Boots is one of the largest pharmacy chains - with an impressive makeup department that is comparable to Ulta or Sephora!

This product is described as a mineral-rich clay mask designed for used on normal skin. It is unscented, hypo-allergenic, and helps absorb oils and eliminate shine while deeply cleansing the skin. According to the company, "oceanic clay exhibits a negative charge, which helps to draw out impurities without overdrying". Among several natural ingredients, the mask contains clarifying willowbark and was developed with Kew Royal Botanic Gardens. 


Now, here come the attractive pictures you've all been waiting for! When I first applied the mask, it was pretty messy. The mask comes out as a fairly thin liquid. So, I would strongly advise applying it over the sink, after you've cleansed your face. Once it goes on your face, it absorbs into the skin really nicely and spreads around smoothly and evenly. So, it wasn't so messy at that stage. The mask goes on a really dark green (see above), but quickly changes color in about 30-60 seconds to a light green.

I left the mask on for the recommended 10 minutes. During that time I could feel the mask tightening on my skin a bit, but not uncomfortably. It was pretty similar in that effect to most other masks I've tried. Afterwards, it was pretty easy to wash off with some warm water. I wiped off the remaining mask with a couple tissues since it was still tinted green and would likely make a mess of a towel. 


Since I have very dry skin I would not say that this mask helped too much in the moisturizing department; however, that's not really its intent. The overall effects for me personally were that my skin felt firm, rejuvenated, and deeply cleansed. Given my needs, I think I would definitely alternate this mask with the moisturizing and exfoliating ones I've been using. I'd use this one to deeply cleanse once a week and one of the others twice a week.

I would highly recommend this product for people with normal-to-oily skin. It would definitely reduce shine and absorb oil. I would also recommend it for those concerned with the signs of aging because of its natural ingredients and its effectiveness in firming the skin. The Boots Botanic Ionic Clay Mask is available for $9.39 at Target stores nationwide and at http://us.boots.com.

 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

Disclaimer: 
Influenster sent this product to me for free for testing purposes. To learn more about Influenster, visit www.influenster.com
I am currently employed by UK Trade & Investment. However, all written content and opinions expressed on this blog (including and especially those regarding British brands) are my own. This is a personal blog that is in no way affiliated with my place of employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...