Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Influenster J'Adore VoxBox ~ February 2014




In mid-February I received another fantastic VoxBox from Influenster! For those who haven't seen my other Influenster reviews - they provide me the samples for free for testing purposes so that I can share my opinion with you! I've taken a little longer than usual to post about this one because I wanted to wait until I had the time to try a few of the products first, rather than just doing an un-boxing. Check out my initial thoughts in my video review: 




Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas
$4.49 for a carton of 25 tea bags
I haven't tried these tea bags yet but I am a big tea drinker so I was excited to see them included. Red Rose makes some really unusual flavors like Creme Caramel, Lemon Chiffon, and Peach Cobbler. They all seem like they would have sweet, subtle flavor. At that bargain price, they would make a great everyday tea!


Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates
$5.29 for 18.5oz bag, $3.28 for 11oz bag
An American tradition that needs no explanation. These bags are the perfect size for sharing with friends and family or keeping on your desk at work! What's your favorite Hershey's Kisses memory?


Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask
$9.39
I have yet to try this product but have tried many Boots skincare products before. I really admire the brand and am excited to see it made it across the pond from the UK to the USA! I think it's really cool that this mask was developed with Kew Royal Botanic Gardens. It's natural and made with the experts. While its focus is on reducing shine, it is for normal skin. So, even though I have typically dry skin I'm excited to see what it will do to help clear my complexion too. I've been on a big face mask kick lately so this will be a treat.


KISS Looks So Natural Lashes
$3.99 for a set
I recently wore these lashes at a formal event (see below). The application method was pretty much the same as other falsies, but the look was definitely distinct and different. These lashes blend in beautiful with your natural lashes and develop a flattering look. They're the first false lashes I've tried that are subtle enough for daytime wear.




John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray
$9.99 for 3.5 fl.oz.
I used this 2 days ago on my damp hair. My hair's fairly long, so I applied about 12 sprays before using the straightening iron. As you can see in my previous posts, my hair is naturally pretty straight so the hair straightener doesn't do too much; it just makes it look more polished. If you watched the video in this post, you've seen what my hair looked like on day 2. It's super soft and shiny. It's still very straight too! I look forward to seeing what it will look like on day 3. I think this would be a particularly outstanding product for women with naturally curly hair that they need to use the iron to straighten. It provides a semi-permanent look. It was a little bit hard for me to test because I don't like to go 3 days without washing my hair. I usually wash it everyday. However, with a little dry shampoo I think the style still looked pretty fresh on day 2.




 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png
Disclaimer:  I am currently employed by UK Trade & Investment. However, all written content and opinions expressed on this blog (including and especially those regarding British brands) are my own. This is a personal blog that is in no way affiliated with my place of employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...