Sunday, May 18, 2014

People V.I.P "World's Most Beautiful" Box Review



Thanks to Klout and People Magazine, I received complementary access to People Premium, 3 months of People Magazine, and a People V.I.P. Subscription Box! Typically, a People VIP Subscription would include the following: a 1 year subscription to People Magazine, a 6 month People Magazine subscription to gift, and 3 V.I.P. Subscription Boxes - all for about $204.66/year.


I was thrilled to receive a Zoya nail polish in this box. Zoya is one of my favorite nail polish brands because it is so long lasting and such great quality. It also dries with an intense shine that doesn't require you to use a topcoat. I like this color, "Rue", which looks like a light purplish pink in the bottle. When applied, it has more of a lilac nude/beige tone. It's a really mature looking shade that is light enough but also neutral enough to wear all year round. (Retail Value: $9)


This multi-layered, gold accented, sky blue bracelet is great for spring and summer. I have a particularly small wrist, so I like that it has an adjustable chain link fastener. Since this item was not branded, I can't really judge its value. I was surprised at the number of items included in this box that were not branded / had "Made in China" tags as opposed to typical subscription boxes of this type. However, they all seem to be of good quality.


This professional hair detangler was also not branded. I was glad to see this product included because it's so practical - something that everyone can use. It's perfect for all hair types and dry or wet hair. I know I will use this a lot - especially when traveling!


I haven't opened this box of recipe cards yet but it is quite heavy and substantial. From what I can tell on the box, it looks like they keep the recipes simple - minimal steps and not too many ingredients. I think they will be fun to use the next time I entertain! 
(Retail Value: $15.29)


This set of 3 chevron printed lime green & white cosmetic bags are also very practical. They come in three great sizes. The largest is ideal for shampoos, deodorants, foundations, and larger bottles. The smallest one would be great for makeup brushes. The middle - perfect for everything in-between! These items were also not branded so it is difficult to judge retail value.

Overall, this box had a number of very practical items that I think most women could use. However, if you are a label-junkie, you may be disappointed. Given the variety of the content, I would say this box most closely resembles the Popsugar MustHave Box. 


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...