Wednesday, May 13, 2015

L'Occitane L'OcciBox Spring 2015 Review



You may remember my previous review of the L'OcciBox, L'Occitane's take on a beauty subscription box, back in December 2014. To my knowledge, there haven't been any others in-between and this one is L'Occitane's 2nd ever. So, although they have not posted anything specifically about the L'OcciBox, I'm assuming it will continue to come out on a quarterly basis. It is not a "subscription" box per say. You just buy each box as it comes out individually, as if it were any other item on the L'Occitane website. However, they are released in quite limited quantities and only for a short time.


As with the first box, I was able to find a discount code on another blogger's site for this one too. This one was a little bit more expensive than the last, though - $20 + shipping & tax rather than $15 + shipping & tax.


Shea Butter Whipped Hand Cream (full-size, 1oz, $12
Shea Butter Hand Cream (full-size, 1oz, $12)

The Whipped Hand Cream I received was a full size product! The Shea Butter Hand Cream was 10ml / .3oz so worth about $4. Admittedly, I already have quite a few of the L'occitane hand creams - not that I don't absolutely love them! However, I may have too many at this point. So, I'll hang on to my favorites and probably gift a few sometime soon.


Immortelle Precious Serum (full-size, 1 oz, $70&
Immortelle Brightening Essence (full-size, 1 oz, $70)

The Precious Serum I received was .23oz and the Brightening Essence was .03oz. So, the Precious Serum sample is worth about $17.50 and the Brightening Essence about $4.30. I'm pretty excited about trying out some items from the Immortelle collection. They are some of L'Occitane's premium products and, to be honest, I probably wouldn't splurge on a $70 item. So, it will be nice to experience these little luxuries on my budget. I think it will take a few uses before I can determine the anti-aging effects from these products. But, so far I'm pleased!


Bonne Mere Soap in Rose (full-size, 3.5oz, $7)

This is the full sized product! I can always use a lovely fragrant soap. I absolutely love anything rose scented and really enjoyed the similar soaps by Durance that I received in my French Box last October. This one is also from Marseille!


Jasmin & Bergamote Eau de Toilette (full-size, 2.5oz, $78)

This sample is worth about $1.25. I was really excited about this item. Although the sample is small, I've never tried any of the perfumes from L'Occitane before - and I love both Jasmine and Bergamot scented items. I was a bit surprised though, because this scent seemed like a more generic floral that's not particularly spicy or powdery. It's a bit sharp with some sort of alcohol undertones that just aren't particularly my taste.  I don't like it when perfumes smell too much like chemicals or their base ingredients / rubbing alcohol. I expect the notes on the labels to always be the overpowering scents.


Sugarfina Champage Bears Cube (full-size, 3.8oz, $8)

This is another full sized product! I have to admit when I decided that I wanted this box, the Sugarfina cube was a bit of a selling point. I'd always wanted to try a few particular sweets from Sugarfina, but thought they were a bit overpriced to be honest (especially when you had to add on the hefty mandatory shipping fees!). The Champagne Bears were one of those I had wanted to try. I also thought it was pretty neat to see L'Occitane incorporating a complementary lifestyle product that wasn't their own brand. What gal doesn't love beauty products and sweet treats?


The total value of this box was about $54.05! In my opinion, it was a pretty incredible value, even though it was $20 + shipping + tax, which certainly isn't cheap for a sample box. I got 3 full-size products I will definitely use, got to try a fragrance that had piqued my interest, and can now try some of the premium skincare products that are a bit above my budget at the moment. This box may be a bit of a splurge for me compared to Birchbox's $10 boxes (and the ridiculous number of beauty products I already have), but since it's only quarterly and such high quality, I think it's definitely worth it.


 photo newsignature2_zps60eabe93.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...